1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before?
Um, I can think of one thing, but it would probably be improper to talk about publicly. If I think of anything else while finishing this survey, I'll add it after.
Oh, going to Chicago was new and pretty good.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No, I didn't! Though I made a few strides! I think I'm going to let them all carry over this year, plus make a couple new ones that should be pretty easy to accomplish.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Uh, Kara's friend Kim? She's not close to me, but I know who she is. I don't think anyone else.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Mom's still alive.
5. What countries or states did you visit?
Uh, MA, NH, NJ, RI, VA, IL. I did all right this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
Someone who makes me feel like I'm slowly bursting into light.
7. What date(s) from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 24th was pretty interesting, for a multitude of reasons, including but not limited to someone shitting out a window.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Um, I did well gambling on the NFL playoffs last year and it's good that I haven't been fired from my job yet. That's about it.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I failed pretty miserably at most of my resolutions and at controlling myself in certain situations.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um, my Slendertone! It's the best thing ever!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hell, if I know.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Depressed? I guess my own. I don't appall easily.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Um, to my house, I'm sure.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind you of 2007?
Cat Power's "Sea of Love."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier, I guess, but not by much.
thinner or fatter? Fatter. But that will soon be corrected!
richer or poorer? Richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. And working out!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching time pass.
20. How will you be spending Christmas the Holidays?
I spent it going to my dad's and meeting his new family and then hanging with the Lynches.
Then we saw a movie!
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with in 2007?
I barely talk on the phone anymore. It's almost all texting at this point. It's probably either my mom, or Jenna Zelenetz.
22. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Not even close. I'm getting worse at this.
23. How many one-night stands?
Um, I slept with four people in 2007 and for various reasons, only one time with each. I wouldn't consider any of them to be one-night stands, but maybe I'm lying to myself.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
I believe "30 Rock" is my new current favorite. Tina Fey is hot in a weird way.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I need more hate in my life.
26. What was the best book you read?
Uh.... uh oh... I might not be able to answer this question. But I swear I'm really close to starting Siddhartha! And then it'll probably be The Sound and the Fury... and then maybe some David Foster Wallace. Of course, I said that last year, too, but I think I'm going to really do it this time.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I got really hooked on Cold War Kids this year.
28. What did you want and get?
I wanted a Slendertone and eventually I got one!
29. What did you want and not get?
Same as ever.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
It's got to be The Prestige closely followed by Knocked Up and Juno.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Um, there was a dinner and Burke make me a really strong drink and then I saw Knocked Up.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Um, I'm doing all right. I just bought a bunch of stuff I like using a gift card I got for Christmas. More button downs! Woo!
34. What kept you sane?
I'm not sure I found my sanity this year. I'm sure there are some that wouldn't think so, anyway.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Portman, of course.
36. What political issue(s) stirred you the most?
Oh, I'm getting really excited about the presidential elections. Go Huckabee! Go Fair Tax!
37. Whom did you miss?
I miss people I have no right to miss.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
It was good to get to know Deborah. She gave me some things to think about it. And Andy's a good guy. Let's go with them.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007:
Learning lessons is for chumps.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I know the last page so well
I can’t read the first
So I just don’t start
It’s getting worse"
(Bonus points for whoever knows what song that is without using Google.)