1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Well, I bought a house. (I have a feeling that's going to dominate my 2006 recap.)
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
It was working out (as it often is) and I failed again (as I often do). And of course, I'm going to try to do it again, as well as a few other things.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Uh, not that I can recall. But Kara's friend Kim is pregnant.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Still waiting on my mom, but I think I've resigned to the fact that she's going to outlive us all.
5. What countries or states did you visit?
Uh, MA, NH, NJ... Is that all? Really? Yikes.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A chick I like.
7. What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 27th -- The Housewarming party (after many delays and substantial flooding) and Brenna's introduction to my world.
July 8th -- It was my birthday and there was a random car accident.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I think I am legally obligated to say buying a house. But I may be prouder of taking out the wall, getting the washer/dryer downstairs, and rebuilding the wall with Joey. Oh, and getting a 9-5 job is kind of nice.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Well, I failed pretty miserably as a Front Office Manager at the Hampton Inn. But being unemployed was wonderful.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Well, I did break my face. I'm still scarred.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A house, probably. Although, if we discount that, I think I'd say the wall mount for the TV in the bar.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Hell, if I know. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Depressed? I guess my own. I did a good job avoiding appalled though. Although I seem to take offense to people taking offense, or when they follow social norms that just don't make any real sense to me. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
14. Where did most of your money go?
Not school for once! To my house! I think I'm more pleased that my money didn't go to school than I am that it went to something nice like my own house.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What songs will always remind you of 2006?
Carly Comando's "Every Day."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? Happier, probably, but that's not much of an accomplishment.
thinner or fatter? Fatter. But that will soon be corrected!
richer or poorer? Richer in the sense that I make more money. Poorer in the sense that I've got a lot more bills, too.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing. And working out!
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Watching time pass. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
20. How will you be spending Christmas the Holidays?
I spent it making people open gifts in front of me and continued to impress with my unparalleled gift-giving ability. I think Kara really liked her stuff, but T was the convert this year who sent over a "Best. Gift. Ever." text shortly after seeing what I got him.
Later that evening a few people came over to the house and drank. Alcohol. Kara and Diana were loud.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with in 2006?
Ha, well, I don't really talk on the phone that often... Haha, actually, I think I know who it was and the answer is quite a surprise. But I'm not sure I'm allowed to say either. Protect the innocent, I guess. Number two was probably Jessica. We talked a lot in the Fall. Or actually, it may have been Brenna. I talked to her a lot the first half of the year.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Nope! I had my one potential nonsense that'll probably stay that way forever and one legit interest that didn't pan out. All the rest? Bullshit.
23. How many one-night stands?
One, apparently. My first, and let's hope the last.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
"24" still seems like the right answer. Jack Bauer is back in less than two weeks!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No. I need more hate in my life. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
26. What was the best book you read?
Uh.... uh oh... I might not be able to answer this question. But I swear I'm really close to starting Siddhartha! And then it'll probably be The Sound and the Fury... and then maybe some David Foster Wallace.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I still like Bright Eyes, but they're not a discovery. Uh, let's go with the Disappointment and/or The Ratio.
28. What did you want and get?
Hey, I wanted a house and got that.
29. What did you want and not get?
Same as last year, mostly. Just want to know.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Um, I still like Closer. I don't remember a lot of movies I've liked a lot since then. The Departed was pretty good though. That can be my pick.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I hung out with some people and then had brunch and then Jeff got in the strangest car accident ever. I turned 24. Turning 25 scares me.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
29. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
I finally started wearing long sleeve shirts under short sleeve shirts. So that's something. Leigh always wanted me to do that. Also, I've gone tighter. Shirts, pants, everything. Tighter. Oh, and I've added some Rocky related t-shirts to my collection. Like you wouldn't want a shirt with Clubber Lang on it.
34. What kept you sane?
I'm not sure I found my sanity this year. I'm sure there are some that wouldn't think so, anyway. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Natalie Portman, of course. (Stolen from last year. Still relevant.)
36. What political issue(s) stirred you the most?
I guess the midterm elections. And Saddam getting hanged was interesting.
37. Whom did you miss?
I miss knowing Brenna now that she doesn't seem to like me all that much.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Well, I met Brenna in person in 2006 for the first time, so let's go with her. She was cool.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Learning lessons is for chumps.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm so alone, and I feel just like somebody else
Man, I ain't changed, but I know I ain't the same"
(Bonus points for whoever knows what song that is without using Google.)